Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Construction #40


Construction #40: Wood construction with acrylic paint 12x4x8"

Remembering the people and places involved in the acquisition of each component of my constructions really adds to my enjoyment of the work. I use a lot of reclaimed material, so each piece ends up having a pretty varied genealogy. I thought it would be interesting to document the sources that I can remember. Materials for this piece include:

  • Pine from a church renovation in Medford that Ruth told me about.
  • Wood hanger from our closet.
  • New pocket door track from a recent renovation. Our carpenter, Richard, chose not to use this piece from the installation kit.
  • Cabinet drawer removed from our kitchen in the renovation.
  • A piece from the "shorts" bin at Boulter Plywood in Somerville.
  • Page from Emerson's essay, Art. My wife made the book into a purse.

  • This work is available for sale.

    No comments: